Labor Day Workout: The 20
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
Think you can go all out like the pros do for 20 solid minutes? Time to prove it in this all-out AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) workout. Want to make it feel more like what the pros experienced at an outdoor race? Take your workout out to the garage or out in the sun.
We will simply call this workout "The 20."
AMRAP for 20-minutes with 20 reps per exercise
Couple of Rules:
- Air Squats - quads have to go past parallel. In other words get those butts close to the floor!
- Hands off pushups - For a push-up to count, you must touch your chest to the floor while lifting your hands off the ground.
- Butterfly Situps - You must touch the floor in front of you when you come up and touch the floor behind/above your head when you go back down.
- Kettlebell Swings - Pick a weight that you can swing 30 times. Weight shuld be between 15 and 30 lbs.
- Pullups - Can use assistance band if needed.
How to do the challenge:
- It's very easy to follow. Set a stop watch for 20-minutes.
- Perform 20 air squats, then immediately do 20 hands off push ups, then immediately do 20 butterfly situps, then 20 kettlebell swings, the 20 pullups.
- Once you complete the pullups, go back to the air squats and repeat the circuit until time runs out.
- Count your total number of reps for each exercise (or total number of circuits completed).
Post your results in the comment section. Let's see some videos people!
Before beginning any fitness program, always see a qualified healthcare provider for advice and to address any questions or concerns. The exercises presented on this website are for suggestion only and should not be substituted for medical diagnosis or treatment. Participate at your own risk and stop if you feel faint or experience shortness of breath.
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.