Post Supercross Challenge from Dallas with Cole Seely

If you are like me the excitement of supercross on Saturday night keeps me revved up well into Monday. To help blow off some steam and get a feel for what the men of supercross go through each weekend, we will present a different challenge each and every Sunday through out the season. The workouts are 20-minutes long (approximately the length of a 450 main) and consist of simple exercises, many of which require little to no equipment. So lace up those shoes and get ready to do some work.

This week, TLD Honda rider Cole Seely is in the gym to demonstrate the intensity needed to get through one round of this grueling challenge. Cole was able to pump out 1 round in 3-minutes 24-seconds so, with 10-second transitions and assuming he could keep the same pace, Cole was on track to complete 6 rounds.

Phoenix Challenge
Anaheim 2 Challenge
Oakland Challenge
Anaheim 3 Challenge
San Diego Challenge

The Workout
Today's workout consists of four exercises: 10 TRX atomic push-ups, 20 squat jumps, 20 V-ups, 500 meters on the Concept2 rower. Check out the video below as Charles Dao (Cole's trainer) explains the challenge and then Cole takes you through one round of the workout. Set your timer for 20-minutes and see how many rounds you can complete before the timer goes off. Go as hard as you can and each time you get tired remember that on the track no one lets you pull over and rest. The Dallas challenge is up and ready to kick your butt!

Dalton February 18, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Cole looks tired, definitely not easy, I dono whether he had the 6 rounds in him!

Ast February 18, 2013 at 5:54 pm

This was tough. The v-ups were killing me. Im adding this one to one of my weekly workouts!

peter Witkowski February 18, 2013 at 7:25 pm

im 50 years old and race just about every weekend in the summer. these work-outs are the BEST. much more fun than just weight training and i think better for you all around. thanks Charles, keep up the good work.

Racer X Virtual Trainer February 19, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Dalton - I agree that Cole looked gassed and would probably struggle to get 6 full rounds but in his defense he did not warm up when we shot that clip. He walked in the gym and we ambushed him to do one round of the workout. :)

Ast - V-ups killed me as well.

Peter - I agree and you are welcome!

Racer X Virtual Trainer November 22, 2013 at 8:11 am

4 rounds for me. Anyone get more??

Gary Wolfer November 23, 2013 at 9:50 am

5 rounds in 20 mins. I have a strong core but 20 v-ups are smoking me..lol

Racer X Virtual Trainer November 23, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Damn Gary, you are a beast. I barely got 4 rounds and if it were a competition, I'm sure half of my v-ups would not have counted. This workout is extremely core dominant. I like the way the v-ups smoke the core and totally change the feel of the atomic pushups.

One of my pro riders did the workout today and got 5 rounds as well. But he substituted a 2-minute sprint on the treadmill in place of the row.

I want to see the beast who does 6 rounds!

Gary Wolfer November 25, 2013 at 11:40 am

Count me out for 6, 5 sets was brutal for me. And Im also sure my last few rounds of v-ups were not the best of form lol