Post Supercross Sunday Workout - Toronto
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
Think you can go all out like the pros do in a 450 main event? Time to prove it in this Coach Seiji designed all-out AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible). Good luck @Lumpdog256.
AMRAP for duration of 450 main event. Toronto's main was 22:09
Note: I looked at the wrong time. The actual race time was 16:17.841. No worries, this challenge is STILL 22:09.
20 air squats (See below for form)
10 butterfly sit ups
10 hands off push ups (see below for form)
How to do the challenge.
- It's very easy to follow. Set a stop watch for 22 minutes 9 seconds (the same time it took Ryan Villopoto to complete the 450 main event in toronto).
- Perform 20 air squats then immediately do 10 butterfly situps, then immediately do 10 hands off pushups.
- Once you complete the pushups, go back to the air squats and repeat the circuit until time runs out.
- Count your total number of reps for each exercise (or total number of circuits completed).
The winner will get either: (Post Your Results in the Comment Section Below)
- An all expense paid trip to Coach Seiji's house to train exclusively with the master himself. Coach Seiji will provide everything including bikes, fully prepped supercross and MX tracks, road bikes, mountain bikes, meals, and lodging. Also included will be daily massages and life lessons taught from the yet to be written book, "The World According to Seiji." As an added bonus, daily lectures on "why I was once a Crossfit hater but now I'm a lover" will also be held. -or-
- A pat on the back and a well deserved attaboy!
Crossfit Explaination of the Air Squat
Hands Off Pushup
Greg, Brad, and Pat from Concept2 doing the challenge
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.