Sunday's Post Budds Creek Workout (The Lemoine)
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
This workout is called "The Lemoine" since Pro rider Matt Lemoine posted this on his twitter account (@MattLemoine60)
The challenge is to see if you can compete the workout faster than it took Matt to complete his second 450 moto at Budds Creek. Matt's time was 37:38. BTW, Matt posted a time of 27:53 for the workout.
Couple of Rules:
- Pull Ups - You must do strict pull ups. No kipping and chin must be above the the bar.
- Hands off Push ups - Chest must touch the floor while hands are lifted.
- Air Squats - quads have to go past parallel. In other words get those butts close to the floor!
How to do the challenge:
- It's very easy to follow. After you warm up, hit your stop watch and run 1 mile as fast as you can.
- Immediately do 5 pull ups, then immediately do 20 hands off push ups, then immediately do 30 air squats.
- Once you complete the air squats, go back to the pullups and complete the cycle 10 times.
- Once you have completed 10 cycles or rounds of the strength stuff, run 1 mile. Hit the stop watch at the end of the run.
Post your results in the comment section below. Let's see some videos people!
Before beginning any fitness program, always see a qualified healthcare provider for advice and to address any questions or concerns. The exercises presented on this website are for suggestion only and should not be substituted for medical diagnosis or treatment. Participate at your own risk and stop if you feel faint or experience shortness of breath.
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.