Sunday's Post Hangtown Workout
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
Think you can go all out like the pros do in a 450 main event? Time to prove it in this Greg Hammond designed all-out AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) workout. In case you are wondering, Greg is our Concept2 rep and is all about motocross, rowing, and crossfit. He's even good for a few laughs on Twitter.
AMRAP for duration of the 450 second moto. Hangtown's second moto time was 36:27.
Take the numbers of the first 4 riders of the overall for the 450 class and that is your reps for the workout. It is like the lottery! For yesterday's race the finishing order was Stewart (#7), Dungey (#5), Alessi (#800) and Short (#29). For Alessi we will use his first digit, 8. So that makes the total number of reps 49 per round.
Warm up with either a 1 mile run, a 5 mile bike, or 2000 meter Row or SkiErg
Tuck jump = 7 reps for Stewart’s #7 plate
Knees to elbows = 5 reps for Dungey’s #5 plate
Burpees = 8 for Alessi's #800 plate
Air Squat =29 reps for Shorty's #29 plate
Couple of Rules:
- Tuck Jump - knees must come past your hips.
- Knees to Elbows - ummm, well, your knees must touch your elbows.
- Burpees - You MUST touch your chest to the floor. Jump at the end is optional.
- Air Squats - quads have to go past parallel. In other words get those butts close to the floor!
How to do the challenge:
- It's very easy to follow. Set a stop watch for 36 minutes 27 seconds (the same time it took James Stewart to complete the second 450 moto at Hangtown).
- Perform 7 tuck jumps then immediately do 5 knees to elbows, then immediately do 8 burpees, then 29 air squats.
- Once you complete the air squats, go back to the tuck jump and repeat the circuit until time runs out.
- Count your total number of reps for each exercise (or total number of circuits completed).
The winner will get:
A well deserved pat on the back.
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.