Sunday's Post Steel city Workout (The Tomac II)
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
This workout is called "The Tomac II" for Eli Tomac's impressive two moto wins at Steel City. This kid is tough as nails and seems to get stronger as the moto wears on. You think you can hang? Reps for this workout coincide with Tomac's #17.
The challenge is to see how many rounds you can complete in the same time (35:20) it took Eli Tomac to win the second moto at Steel City.
Couple of Rules:
- Burpees - You MUST touch your chest to the floor. Jump at the end is optional.
- Hands off Push ups - Chest must touch the floor while hands are lifted.
- Air Squats - quads have to go past parallel. In other words get those butts close to the floor!
- Butterfly Situps - Touch the ground above your head on the way back and between your legs at the top.
- Kettlebell Swings - Pick a weight that you can swing 25 times.
How to do the challenge:
- It's very easy to follow. After you warm up, set your timer for 35:20 and hit start.
- Do 17 burpees, then immediately do 17 hands off push ups, then immediately do 17 air squats, then immediately do 17 butterfly situps, the 17 kettlebell swings.
- Once you complete the kettlebell swings, go back to the burpees and complete the cycle as many times as you can until time runs out.
Post your results in the comment section below. Let's see some videos people!
Before beginning any fitness program, always see a qualified healthcare provider for advice and to address any questions or concerns. The exercises presented on this website are for suggestion only and should not be substituted for medical diagnosis or treatment. Participate at your own risk and stop if you feel faint or experience shortness of breath.
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.