Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:24 am 

Howdy Fellas,

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am currently on week 12 of the TRX tactical force program. Have to say, with my diet, it has COMPLETELY transformed me. Well, I currently alternate every other day from TRX to 5 or 10k's on the rower taking one day off a week to do nothing.

Here is my new issue. I just picked up a complete power rack, with bar, weights, and incline bench.

How can I incorporate this rack and TRX together. I probably need a personal trainer to develop a plan for me huh? I'll be done with the tactical force in a few days. I LOVE squats, good mornings, and dead lifts as well as benching and curls but I want to continue to rock the TRX daily.

Am I up the creek without a paddle here and making this harder than it should be? Any ideas??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Chris,
Sorry for the delay in responding. I would suggest to use both alternating either every other workout or every other phase. I love the TRX but also think for max strength training there is no substitute for iron. Plus you cannot deadlift with the TRX.

Personal trainer?? We have that taken care of on the VT Premium Training. Have you taken a look atthat yet? The first month is free.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 am 

No worries. Sorry for the late response as well.

So I moved to a 6 day a week rack workout and 1 off day. Of that 6 there are 2 cardio/ core days where I row and trx. Additionally, I incorporate the TRX in to every training day. Whether it be resisted torso rotation, hip throws, hinges, or burpees or simply use it to substitute some dumbell workouts. C2 is used for warmup/cooldown everyday and TRX is used for stretching everyday.

I have looked at the premium training but can it integrate both the TRX and Rack in a weekly routine? Is it that customizable?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Yes, you will easily be able to integrate the rack and TRX with the strength training offered in the premium training plans. The way the plans are currently set up, the user has the choice between running, rowing, and cycling for cardio and weights or TRX for strength. You can also switch back and forth and combine them if you choose. Which means you could run one week, cycle the next and then row. Same with the strength training. You are not forced into using any one form. In fact you are encouraged to do as many different forms as possible. With the premium training community we can also help you substitute exercises that you like with the ones that are already included.

Image Image