Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

Post subject: The Eliminator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:33 pm 

Hey guys,
Hope you are all well and looking forward to a great christmas :)

Ok, So I saw "The Eliminator" workout you posted saying it's a good subsitute if you can't ride over the weekend but my question is :- To truely replace a days riding should "The Eliminator" be completed once then say a 20 - 30min break with abit to eat and then repeated because when you ride I always do atleast 3 - 4 motos so do I do "the Eliminator 3 - 4 times through the day?

Many Thanks,

:)

Post subject: Re: The Eliminator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

yes, if you have time that is a great idea. I sometimes do this with my pro athletes and elite amateurs. But I have them do a different workout for the "second" moto.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:39 am 

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the reply, I have to admit I was kinda expecting you guys to tell me I was mad or doing too much by doing what I had suggested but it's great to get your feedback and to know that was I am doing is correct as for time I just start that same time I would a practice day and just treat it the same.

I have been doing 25mins on 25mins rest with a bit of food and drink inbetween, the first time I tried it I felt like I had been ran over by a truck for acouple of days but did it again this sunday and still feel alittle stiff but nowhere near as bad so think my body is adjusting to it, typically in the 25mins I'm doing 4 and one third circuits with the buzzer going off just after my pull ups.

I am also looking to switch up my pre-season and in-season training to the workouts suggested on the racer-x virtual trainer website which I think Yourself and Coach put together hoping this will raise my intensity levels and better results in my racing.

Anyway, I hope You and Your family have a wonderful christmas and a very happy 2014.

Thanks Again,

Byron.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Byron,
If you are serious AT ALL about your racing, I'd highly suggest spending the 20 bucks per month and joining the VT premium training community. In my opinion it's a no-brainer for any one who rides and ESPECIALLY a no-brainer if you take your racing seriously. The plans take all the guess work out of your training and with the support of the forum set up specifically for the community, if you have to make changes to your schedule, we are there to help. First month is free to try so you really have nothing to lose.

http://www.racerxvt.com/premium

Image Image