Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

Post subject: Heart Rate Question
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 am 

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a polar Ft60, I find it very useful, but I just have a few questions regarding the data I get from it.

Generally, only in high intensity races, within the first lap, I feel really tired, like exhausted in relation to my cardio, and I think my heart rate is generally very high at this point. But it always goes back down generally under a minute, and I'll do the rest of the race at full intensity.This sometimes causes me to loose intensity which is very annoying at this crucial time of the race.

I'm 15 and have a resting heart rate of 40, I got that from the hospital a few weeks ago, and I'm very fit on the bike so I don't think that's the problem.

I was just wondering if there is anyway to avoid this. I was think this is maybe the sudden surge of the heart rate, because I usually try to keep my heart rate as low as possible on the start line. Do you have any suggestions of how to avoid this?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Heart Rate Question
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Man, that is a tough one. Sounds to me like your heart rate is high due to anxiety of big races. If that is the case, there really isn't that much you can do other than trying to relax. But that is harder to do than just saying "relax."

There are some thing you can do to try and be more comfortable at big races. Routines are huge. Have you ever watched golf or baseball? Guys do the same thing every time they step up to a big putt or every time they step in the batters box. They do this for a reason. Its a routine and their bodies just take over and do what it is used to in high pressure situations. You can do the same with motocross. Do the exact same thing every time you go to the gate. Think of the same things, visualize the same things, etc. A start in a big race is exactly as a start in your backyard. The only thing different is what your mind perceives.

So my advice is to develop a routine. These articles can also help.
http://www.racerxvt.com/category/mental-training

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Heart Rate Question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:19 am 

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the response. You were right, it was the nerves just everytime I hit the track which caused me to hold my breath. I'd eventually get that felling I spoke about where I felt tired, and after that I'd just try to relax, and once my breathing returned to normal it was all good.

Thanks a lot for your advice and response.