Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:57 pm 

I have been on a aggressive training regimen the past 7 months. I have been doing HIIT and overall strength program at a studio. The interval training is based on heart rate zones that are tracked live during class as I have progressed I am beginning to wonder if I am working at too high of heart rate. The classes run an hour and we do 30 Min of either rowing or treadmill cardio and 30 Min of strength training on misc equipment such as TRX balance boards ect mostly body weight work. My concern is I am averaging 85% max heart rate over that 60 minutes. Typical breakdown is 25min in the 82-91% 10-15 at 92-100% and the about 20Min in the 82% or less. I am comfortable at that rate and feel great during and after the work out it just seems I am working at higher average than everyone else.

I would consider myself pretty fit cardio wise better than the rest of the group but I seem to always be at a higher average?

Thanks for the help sorry for the length of post just wanted to give as much info I could.

The goal is title that has slipped through my fingers a number of times and I cant seem to give it up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Well, this is a very broad topic so I'll try to be brief. First, I would recommend reading these two articles on heart rate training

http://www.racerxvt.com/article/heart-rate-training
http://www.racerxvt.com/article/cardio-training

In my opinion, gyms are using heart rate training as a gimmick of sorts to get you to work "hard". As you can see from the articles, HR zones should be based on LT tests and those zones vary from sport to sport (cycling, rowing, weight lift, etc.).

If you truly want the title, I'd highly recommend joining the premium training community. That way your training program is designed specifically for motocross and not just throwing workouts at the wall and seeing what will stick. For 19 bucks it's def. worth a try and heck, the first month is free. If you don't like what you get, you can cancel.

But I digress.....let me know if you still have questions after reading the two articles. Thanks!

- Tim

Image Image