Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

Post subject: surgery timeline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:02 pm 

Well I just had my acl surgery a few hours ago . They did a graft a from my patella. ( sorry if my spelling is off. Im. On a cell and in meds Haha ;) what I wanna do is give up dated pics on how this is doing and take I r input. Throughout this recovery process . Right now im on stuff so ill prolly have to edit this a bit

Last edited by motox144 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: surgery timeline
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Post all the pics you want and for sure, keep us up to date on your recovery timeline.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 pm 

ok well im still in the pain zone will get some pics of the knee tomo , not feeling superpumped right now......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 pm 

ok well here is what its looking like from lastnight . i have been bending and working the knee myself and so far i can get it straight and about 90 deg of bend into it . swelling isnt that bad .

i dont start my 1st day of PT till tuesday so im doing as much as i can on my own till then , it dont hurt as much as long as i keep moving it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:47 pm 

after talking with my doc today about how the pain meds are tearing my insides out and how this type of acl surgery is the most painfull i have ever had, tomo will be oen week and normally im completey off the meds by now. but thats a no go. i asked him why this one is so much more pain full? he said its because they took 2 large pices of bone out at each end of the patella graft,

so i do a little googling and i found a animated vid of the excact type of surgery they did, now after watching it it seems to hurt more haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q96M0jRqn7k

so i have had all 3 of the major acl recons done and on a pain scale here is how they do

Cadaver graft - least amount of pain - longest heal time for the dead tissue to grow into u r body

Hamstring graft - fair amount of pain from your heal to your butt - heals fast

patella graft - most painfull Still hurts - heals fast - stronger tie-end into your body - overall stronger graft (what im told we will c)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm 

ok so far i have had 3 PT visits and right now i have 100% range of motion back and 80-90% if the swelling is gone . but the muscle atrophy is bad i have lost 1.75 inches compaired to my other leg . so it looks like the hard part is gonna be getting the muscle back