Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 pm 

Hello , I have a couple of questions and I hope that somebody could give me some advice. About one year ago I had an accident in which I broke my collar bone , ribs and the L1 vertebrae , it was a stable compressive fracture so there was no need for surgery. I had some rehabilitation and am feeling much better but the problem is that my spine has "curved" because of the accident , and I still have some lower back pain. What I would like to know is if there is a way to "straighten" my spine and make it more stable because I am planning to start riding supermoto and I am not really sure if my spine could take crashes again , and I know that there are going to be many of them.

Sorry for my bad English im from Croatia.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear about your back problem. This is 100% a question that needs to be addressed by a doctor. Do NOT take advice from this forum or any other when it comes to something like this. Please see your doctor for a full evaluation and keep us informed of what you find. Thanks and good luck!

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:35 am 

Thank you for your advice, I have been to my doctor and now I am going to make new x-rays of my spine and have new evaluation , the problem is that they of course suggest I dont ride any motocross or supermoto again . I am constantly reading about riders that have had a spinal injury but kept racing , so I am just wondering if anybody here has had such an injury and kept riding ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

that is certainly a tough call and I think it comes down to a personal choice for you. I always ask myself in situations like this a simple question…..is it worth the risk?

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:46 pm 

Well as almost any other rider that had an injury I want to continue riding , I want to stay of the streets because I think that they are far more dangerous than a track, right now I have a street bike and I always feel anxious and I cant really relax while on the road. I am aware of the implications of my actions and how they might affect my life , but I cant imagine it without riding motorcycles. So what I would really like to know is if you know or may have treated riders with similar injuries ( of course I know that every spinal injury is unique). I am definitely not going to go back to serious motocross riding , but rather supermoto with smaller dirt sections. Thank you for your opinion.