Sunday's Post RedBud Workout (The Heater)
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
This workout is called "The Heater" in honor of Ryan Dungey and Blake Baggett's dominating performances in the heat and humidity at RedBud. Reps coincide with their numbers.
The challenge is to see how many rounds you can complete in the same average time (34:51) it took Ryan Dungey and Blake Baggett to win their second motos at RedBud. This challenge will take focus and determination to notch a top result!
Couple of Rules:
- Pull Ups - You must do strict pull ups. No kipping and chin must be above the the bar.
- Hands off Push ups - Chest must touch the floor while hands are lifted.
- Air Squats - quads have to go past parallel. In other words get those butts close to the floor!
- Butterfly Situps - Touch the ground above your head on the way back and between your legs at the top.
How to do the challenge:
- It's very easy to follow. After you warm up, hit your stop watch and row 250 meters (or jump rope 100 times as an alternate) as fast as you can.
- Immediately do 5 pull ups, then immediately do 12 hands off push ups, then immediately do 5 air squats, then immediately do 12 butterfly situps.
- Once you complete the sit ups, go back to the rower (or jump rope) and complete the cycle as many times as you can until time runs out.
Post your results in the comment section below. Let's see some videos people!
Before beginning any fitness program, always see a qualified healthcare provider for advice and to address any questions or concerns. The exercises presented on this website are for suggestion only and should not be substituted for medical diagnosis or treatment. Participate at your own risk and stop if you feel faint or experience shortness of breath.
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.