TRX Challenge - Can You Beat Drew Brees?
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
Don't have a TRX? Get yours here! In the mean time you can still do the challenge. Just use a balance ball, flat bench, or chair in place of the TRX.
Want to see Drew do the entire challenge? Scroll to the bottom of the page and check it out!
Football season is here and whether or not you play the game, it certainly won't hurt to train like a professional athlete! Todd Durkin brings in All-Pro Quarterback for the New Orleans Saints, Drew Brees, to demonstrate the August, TRX Game Day Challenge. This challenge features Todd Durkin's favorite exercises used in TRX Performance: Team Sports DVD.
- 30 Sprinter Starts on each leg
- 20 Power Pulls with each arm
- 10 Suspended Incline Presses on each side
Sprinter start with a hop
- Face away from anchor point
- Hold handles with a “palms in” grip, elbows bent at sides.
- Position TRX either underneath or outside arms.
- Step forward with left leg. Lean into TRX at approximately a 45-degree angle.
- Drive off front leg and bring rear knee forward
- Return to start position
- Perform for 30 reps
- Repeat on other side
- Face anchor point with feet shoulder-width apart
- Hold single handle with right hand
- Lean back
- Twist away from anchor point and extend left arm outward, following line of TRX
- Pull body towards anchor point with right arm, using a rowing motion
- At same time, bring left arm as high as possible along TRX by twisting body. Return to start position
- Perform for 20 reps
- Repeat on other side
Suspended Incline Press
- Facing anchor point, place right foot in foot cradle
- Drop to a push-up position and walk on hands away from anchor point, using free leg for balance
- Lower torso into a press position, using free leg for support
- Drive body up away from ground
- Perform for 10 reps
- Repeat with other leg
Check out Drew Brees' results in the TRX Game Day Challenge Champions forum thread!
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.