Virtual Trainer Off-road
by Racer X Virtual Trainer
Welcome to Virtual Trainer off-road. The purpose of this forum is to give you the off-road racer/rider an in depth look at several key elements that will help you improve your program to be more successful with off-road riding/racing.
The focus with future articles I will be providing is to assist you in providing you the necessary tools to make you a better rider/racer. Throughout my past 3 years in working with GNCC National #5 XC1 racer Chris Bach we have structured a solid program that has brought Chris up through the ranks in a short period of time from a basic unknown privateer off-road racer in Open A in 2009 to a podium contender and National #5 XC1 factory sponsored racer for 2011.
We’ve established a core group of the essentials necessary to develop a solid off-road racing program. These essentials are what we will focus on in sharing with you, to better aid you in your racing/riding endeavor.
Some of the key areas we will focus on will consist of:
- How to develop a proper training program to get you better aligned with your fitness and racing goals
- Proper pre-race nutrition tips to keep you performing to your max potential on race day
- Proper recovery tips to allow your body the best chance to repair the damage that is done during training and racing
- How to properly approach and adjust your program during the inevitable ups and downs of racing and training
- Training techniques to increase your muscle endurance and cardio to better prepare you for a 2+ hour off-road endurance race
- Training techniques to improve your performance during the first 5-10 minutes of your race
- Pre-race track walk tips on what to focus on during your track walks
- Riding tips and riding drills to improve your riding techniques for all the off-road obstacles you may encounter during a ride or race, such as: roots, rocks, creek beds, rutted corners and mud pits
The above is just a snap-shot of a few of the items we will share with you to better aid you in your success. Many more will follow as we progress.
In order to help you better understand and learn, we plan to share with you an in-depth behind the scenes approach through the eyes of off-road racers such as; Chris Bach (GNCC Pro) and Chris Johnson (WORCS Pro). We will include occasional videos that we feel will better explain and visually aid you in learning the tips and techniques. We also plan to keep it entertaining at times with funny behind the scenes moments that should entertain and create a few laughs.
Whether you are a serious racer or weekend warrior this site and all the tips we will be sharing will be targeted for you. Up to this point, many sites have tips for motocross training, but these tips are strictly focused and developed to cover the off-road riding world.
That's it for now, until next time, good luck with your training and remember, if you have a question, log on to the Virtual Trainer Expert Forum and have your question answered by a panel of experts. In addition, be sure and check out the Racer X Virtual Trainer archive section. Your complete one-stop information zone for motocross fitness.