Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 am 

I am a 36yr. old Vet A rider and have raced for 21yrs I live in Ohio where it is humid. When it is hot out and after an 9hr work day I go out ride I always feel sick to my stomach. I have a desk job but, I try to get up and move around during the day. I drink lots of water every day and I stretch every morning. I also ride a bicycle and do weight training.

On the days I ride I eat lunch around 1pm and start to ride at 5:30pm with only a snack and water in between. Should I eat more b4 I ride to or try and bring my heart rate up to help with the sickness feeling? Any advise is greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Allen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:28 pm 

Hi Allen,

The nausea you are experiencing could be caused by a number of things. The first thing I would try would be to eat a light snack 30-60 minutes prior to riding. The snack should be high in carbs, moderate in protein and low in sugar. A good choice would be a hard granola bar and/or yogurt.

Let me know if this does or doesn't prevent the nausea and we can discuss further. You can contact me either by posting on this forum or by emailing me at kim@fitnessandfuel.com.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 pm 

It could be that you are not completely acclimatized to the heat and humidity. You can look on the Virutual Trainer site for the article on heat acclimatization for hints on that. Also a possibility could be that you are in the air conditioned office all day, then you sit in your air conditioned truck on the way to the track and BAM you step out and it's a million degress out and you put all your gear on and hammer it. You may need to do sort of a heat warm up and ride in the truck with the windows down, ride really easily for your first moto to get even more ready for intense exercise in the heat and gradually up the intensity so you can "work" into it. Just an idea. Good luck!