Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

Post subject: Re: Cardio Fitness Plan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:43 pm 

Well I tried to do the Lactate threshold test tonight and failed. I overestimated a pace that I could sustain to last the 30 mins. I only lasted about 10 mins at an average of 185 bpm with a max of 194 bpm in those 10 mins. I will give it a try again next Monday at a pace that I can sustain longer. I think trying to maintain around 175 bpm should be better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 am 

Don't be discouraged, knowledge is power! What you experienced is exactly what happens in a race (also known as late moto fatigue); as you become more familar with the various intensity zones, you will be able to adjust your intnesity based on the duration of the race = the shorter the race, the harder/faster you can ride. Keep up the good work!
-Robb Beams/MotoE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 pm 

Thank you for the encouragement Robb!

On a side note, I just bought a TRX Pro kit setup for $90. So I will probably be receiving it early next week sometime.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:27 pm 

Good move - I love the TRX System...please let me know if you need any workouts for the TRX System.
-Robb Beams/MotoE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:28 pm 

I can't wait to try it out myself after reading all the great reviews on them! Yes, I would love to get some TRX workouts from you! Do you still have my email address from when I requested the other stuff from you last week? If not, let me know and I will send you another email.

Thanks for your help Robb!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 am 
Site Admin

I'll chime in on the TRX since I too think it is a great product. But the best thing about the TRX is the company Fitness Anywhere. That group of people are easily one of the most knowledgeable and educated group of trainers I have ever met. And one of the best things they do is programing. So I highly encourage you to look at their videos and workouts. One that I think stands high above the crowd is the new TRX Force workout. It is one of the best programs I have ever bought. The TRX Force has everything right down to the paper it's printed on. Seriously the paper is coated with a material that protects the sheets when you sweat on them. That may sound like no big deal but to me that is dotting the is and crossing the ts. Its a 12 week periodized program with three distinct phases. It contains benchmark test, agility drills, and so much more.

I probably have 95% of all the dvds and downloads offered and can honestly say that even the bad ones are "good".

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 am 

Figured I would give a little update:

Last night I went to the gym for the first time in two weeks and was able to run a mile without stopping for the first time in...well...years (Probably 7 or 8 years if I recall correctly). So that felt pretty good. So I have accomplished one of my goals. I was also surprised that I was able to go the whole distance after taking 2 weeks off. Maybe I just needed a recovery/rest period. I was able to run a mile in about 7 mins and 50 seconds yesterday and 7 mins and 45 seconds tonight. I timed my first half of the mile and the last half of the mile separately and found they were the exact same time! So that shows that I was able to stay consistent for the whole duration for the most part. I'm also not having any issues with shin splints, so that means my shoes are working for me and that my legs are probably better conditioned for running now.

I have not repeated my LT test yet for the stationary bike. I did about 25 mins, after my run, at about 150 bpm, which I estimate to be in my zone 2 range for about 25 mins + 5 min cooldown (Assuming a LT max of around 175 bpm). I think before, when I was doing the bike at 160 bpm, I was probably working in Zone 3, which from what I have read in a book I have by Joe Friel (Total Heart Rate Training), only offers slight benefits over working in Zone 2, but requires more recovery.

I also received my TRX Pro Kit last week and put some light use to it. I have not gone through the video yet, but have done some stuff with it like squats, pushups (with feet suspended), and low rows. I need to see about getting a different mount for it since the way my apartment is laid out, it's kind of difficult to utilize the TRX by using a door.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the update and congrats on the progress. It only gets better from here!

Regarding the TRX, I HATE using it from a door. There are options one of which is to buy an i bolt from Home Depot and screw it into a stud in the ceiling. Its a pretty easy patch when you leave too. A little Spackle and no one will ever know you put a hole in the ceiling.

Image Image