Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:52 pm 

Well, I've completed Coach Seiji's 19 week program and have definitely made progress in my health and fitness. But now what? Looks like I have some down time as I was pretty seriously injured the DAY BEFORE the Lorettas Regional at Freestone. Since friday practice was cancelled at Freestone, I went 120miles south to Three Palms MX instead of sitting in a hotel all day, and ended up staying the night in the hospital and missing the entire regional 12 hours from home.
Anyway, I have been trying to do some reading up on what will be best to continue my training. P90X seems more for muscle building, Insanity seems more cardio so better for MX? (and I like the idea of the full meal plan, but not sure how practical it is), but I see many good things about TRX and I know Coach Rob likes the TRX as well. I haven't got much info on the TRX, but is it something that has an entire plan with it for what workouts on what days (like P90x and insanity) or am I just stuck in the dark doing random exercises?
Also, with whatever route I go, after I'm healed up, I still enjoy road cycling 20 to 50 miles, some mountain biking, and obviously riding MX at local tracks and practice at my track, so which one would leave me enough in the tank to do any of the above a few days a week?
Would it be more beneficial for me to consider some type of online personal trainer? I've done that in the past and had great luck with one company until they closed down, then the next one was horrible. I have a nice gym put together now, so I hate to see all that go to waste. Treadmill, stationary bike, concept 2 rower, bowflex, free weights, road bike on trainer, stability balls, foam rollers, etc.
Thank you ahead of time for your input!!
Terry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Regarding which is best for moto (P90X, Insanity, or the TRX) I think really depends on what you think your weaknesses are. Do you have a muscular endurance issue, is your cardio lacking, do you need more mobility and flexibility, or is spending more time riding what you really need. These are all things that will play a role in what you ultimately decide.

If you like Coach Seiji's 19-week program but feel you need more, you can always reset to week 2 or 3 and add some volume. For the cardio workouts add 10-20 minutes. For the strength workouts ad an additional set. Stuff like that.

TRX has a great training plan that I really like. It's called the TRX Force Tactical Conditioning Program. It's a 12-week program with 3 phases, 4 weeks per phase and is 4 days per week. I love this workout b/c it focuses on mobility. In my opinion mobility training is the single most important part of training almost NO ONE focuses on. Check it out. I think you will really like it.

Coach Seiji and I are also planning to launch a new training plan section on Virtual Trainer in August. I think this is really what you are looking for. Its just like the 19-week program except we are using Training Peaks to administer the plans and there will be several to choose from.

Image Image