Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:43 pm 

I hooked up my Garmin Edge 500 GPS cycling computer to the forks of my 450 and did some motos the other day. I used the "Lap by Position" mode, then "Start and Lap" mode. Went out on the track and pressed start where I wanted to record the lap time, and put in a moto. The track was lined with trees, so I think the data was a little sporatic on some laps, and I need to set the "Start" more to the center of the track. I set the "start" position off to one side of a table top, but my riding line was on the other side of the track.
You can see the data here. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/213877787

The company I work for is designing a billet mount to get the unit off the fork tube, and just behind the bars. I love the Garmin for the bicycle, and now I can use it for the dirtbike!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

If you really want good data check out the RLC Track Commander. It will blow away anything the Garmin can do. You can do throttle position, wheel spin, clutch position, g forces experienced, lap times, predicted fastest lap times, lap segments, etc......all accurate to 1". This thing is amazing!

http://rlcracing.com/track-commander.htm

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:55 pm 

Virtual Trainer wrote:
If you really want good data check out the RLC Track Commander. It will blow away anything the Garmin can do. You can do throttle position, wheel spin, clutch position, g forces experienced, lap times, predicted fastest lap times, lap segments, etc......all accurate to 1". This thing is amazing!

http://rlcracing.com/track-commander.htm

I've looked at it, but $1000 is out of my price range, and I already had the Garmin for the bicycle...I would love to have the RLC and geek out on all of the data though!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Save $100 a month and it'll be yours in no time :)

Pretty interesting how your heart rate shoots up to max and stays there the entire time. Same thing I see with all my riders. That's pretty accurate GPS data for a watch!

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:50 pm 

It's actually the cycling model, although probably the same tech as the watch. I'm happy that it's down to 195! I used to go over 200 when I was in lesser condition. My heart rate was 135 before I even got onto the track, probably just from the adrenaline rush.
Again, I gotta say thanks to RacerXVT, for getting me in to shape (and getting me hooked on cycling). I could never do motos this long before I started following your programs. My races which are only 8 laps will seem like a cake walk. Thanks Tim and Coach Seiji!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome.....That's what it's all about!

Image Image