Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

Post subject: Capitalizing on time
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 pm 

Hey I am a decent Florida C class 450 rider. The series here starts in 3 weeks and I have about 3 more riding times to get in before that. When I go to the track I usually work on some starts and I like to do a few 5-6 lap motos. The races here are 5 lappers. I was wondering how I can capitalize on the time I have left before the race. Fitness wise I can run 2 miles at a good pace without getting tired but after that is pushing it. I get arm-pump sometimes and I was looking for a few ways to stretch and couldnt find any good ones and was wondering what your opinion is on that. I also heard that eating Beet roots before a race will help with arm pump. Any ways I was wondering what I should be trying to do these last 3 weeks. Obviously practice starts, but should I be lifting weights now too? and what about running? I get to ride Wednesdays and Sundays. I read all of the articles on your website BTW and theyre all amazing!! I just want to know what you would recommend doing and working on during these rides left, and I read all of your arm-pump theory articles too.

Post subject: Re: Capitalizing on time
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Well, in my opinion the best way to capitalize three weeks out is to ride as much as possible, sleep as much as possible, and eat really clean. At this point, not much can be gained in you fitness (cardio and strength) so concentrate on recovery and mobility (or flexibility). As far as arm pump is concerned, make sure you warm up really, REALLY well before your motos. This article by Coach Seiji is a great guide (Race Week and Warm ups). Not sure about the magic powers of Beet root but what they heck, it's really good for you even if it doesn't effect your arm pump.

Image Image