Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:40 pm 

Hi, I'm Vilimir Yordanov, I'm 17 years old from Bulgaria. My English is not very good but I'll try to tell you my story and my intentions for the future.
Well, I've been riding enduro for about 6 years. First four years just for fun, you know. Two or three times per month, only when my father had some free time. But when in 2010 I went to Erzberg Rodeo (the hardest enduro race in the world) I got motivated. I started riding more often and participate in more competitions. But I got injured and I had to rest for a couple of months. Then I started doing athletics, running 400 and 800m. For more than 6 months I had ridden motorbike only 5 or 6 times. The focus was only on my preparation for the track and field competitions. I gained an awesome endurance but I lost strength. When I went on an enduro competition I impressed everybody. My riding skills were on the same level they had been before but that physical training gave me a lot of confidence and endurance. After that my dad noticed that I have something like a talent and 2 months ago he bought me a brand new KTM EXC 300 2 stroke. What's more, we made an endurocross track in our backyard to go and ride whenever I want.

My dream is to finish one of the hardest enduro races in the world! So I want to start training not like a bodybuilder or a fitness model but like a rider! Last week I finished the P90X routine and now I'm on the point of starting an off-season training program. The winter is coming and I won't be able to ride for the next 2 or 3 months. I'm looking forward to start this program http://www.racerxvt.com/virtual_trainer ... _body.html because as I said before I don't have enough strength and now is the time to gain some. I think this program will be good for an off-season preparation but I want to hear your opinion.

My schedule will be something like that:

Monday Wednesday and Friday - The off-season training (+20-30min cardio activity in the end - it will be running or cycling because I don't have a Concept 2 rower)
Tuesday and Thursday - Running (cross-county, stairs, up-hills or mixed)

Saturday- Yoga (it gives me coordination, balance and flexibility; it is really beneficial!)

Sunday - active rest or/and stretching

This will be for a period of 2 to 3 months - it depends on how long the winter will be. Then I will start the pre-season training.

I should also say that I had been training handball for 9 years and I have been lifting weights for about 3 years so I know the proper technique of each exercise.

I want to know what do you think about my plan, I mean will be good for me (an enduro rider) despite the fact that it is for motocross riders ?

Thank you,

Vilimir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

First of all let me apologize for the delay in answering your question. I think the best thing you can do until the premium training section is available in a few months is to follow the Coach Seiji 19-week free training program. It is set for a guy who only has 1 hour per day to train so if you have more time, just add a few more exercises on the strength days and increase the time or number of sets on the cardio days. I think this will be the most beneficial for you.

http://www.racerxvt.com/category/daily- ... h-seiji/16

Image Image