Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 pm 

Hey Guys,

I'm an avid RacerX VT follower and have built a periodized program from your site over the years. Recently, a friend who races mountain bikes told me about the "Insanity" Program. After checking it out, I thought it might be a great fit for the Power Endurance Phase of my training. The workouts involve explosive exercises, incorporate flexibility and interval as well as deep base cardio training. I'm about 2 weeks into it and wanted to know your thoughts before I become anymore invested in the 60 day program.

My main concern is that it may be too early for me to be doing so much interval work as I'm still 4 months away from my most important races (Canadian Nationals). Cardio is definitely my limiting factor as far as fitness goes (as opposed to strength) so I don't think I'm missing out by doing body weight exercises as opposed to weights in this phase. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

First, I think the Insanity workouts are fine.

Second, I think these workouts would be fine in the PE phase.

Third, for $20 per month I highly recommend you take the guess work out of your training and become a member of the Premium Training community. Coach Seiji designs all of the workouts and its a can't miss for 20 bucks!

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 pm 

Virtual Trainer wrote:
First, I think the Insanity workouts are fine.

Second, I think these workouts would be fine in the PE phase.

Third, for $20 per month I highly recommend you take the guess work out of your training and become a member of the Premium Training community. Coach Seiji designs all of the workouts and its a can't miss for 20 bucks!

Are the workouts personalized or generic to everyone in the community? Just wondering how this would work as everyone is likely at different points in their season/off-season, etc.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

The workouts are generalized BUT that is where the community aspect comes in. You get unlimited access to Coach Seiji and I through the forum set up specifically for the premium training. The software we use (Training Peaks) is capable of moving workouts around and customizing to your specific needs. You also do not have to start on month 1. You can start on any month of the particular program. Since you are in the PE phase, I would start with month 3 of whatever program you choose. Give it a try; the first month is free!

Image Image