Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:45 pm 

Hello all, new to the Forums so I hope this is posted in the correct place.

Background: Raced MX back in the day (early '80's) and became a decent "B" rider.

I'm now 49, going to be 50 this December. I haven't ridden or raced since about '82 and the extent of my exercise since then involves getting off the couch, going to the fridge and doing some 12 oz curls!

With that said, I'm not fat or obese - I'm 5'9" and weigh from 165-170 depending on the day. I have noticed a slight belly these past few years, but I check out good with the Doctors!

Now, I've started riding/racing harescrambles these past 5 months and have been able to finish 3 of 7 races (3 crash outs and the last race pulled off because I was too tired). Now that I've moved up a class, I am riding a longer (2 hrs.) and tougher course on Sundays.

It is time for me to get in shape or give it up again. I need a program similar to the "Couch to 5K" to work me back into shape. If I don't have a program to follow, I'll go out too hard, get burned out and quit exercising. I need to stay motivated and avoid injury until I can build a base. Knowing myself as I do, I know I can sustain if I can get through the first 2 months of exercise (to get past the soreness and discipline to stay on a schedule).

The SINGLE BIGGEST issue I have with working out is doing sets. I don't run because I get bored and doing the same exercise for three sets is even more boring! Thus, I'm asking is there a way to incorporate something else instead of doing 3 sets of a given exercise (or am I hoping for the impossible)?

At some point, I know I'll have to start running (though I hope an elliptical is a good substitute) and I suspect I'll have to start doing sets. My concern is being able to get into a routine I can stick with so I can feel good, notice progress and become more self-motivated.

I did take my first Spinning class last night and I was quite embarassed as the "Older" ladies were able to kill me!

As a side note, our season is winding down in May, but we start back in September. I hope to be in much better shape by the time next season starts - that's my goal anyway... I'll most likely ride some MX practice during the off season to get time on the bike (only have time to ride once per week unfortunately).

Is there any help? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Shaun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Perfect solution for you if you have $20 bucks per month. Join the Virtual Trainer Premium training community. It has everything you want. Variety, routine, schedule, no guessing, etc. First month is free so you have nothing to lose in giving it a try. Here is the link.

http://www.racerxvt.com/premium

Image Image