Racer X Virtual Trainer

SPAM HAS KILLED THE INTERNET. email me if you want to register for the forum. Tim@racerxonline.com
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE, since this is an expert forum, only post a response to your OWN topic.

Post subject: greece
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm 

hi.i am from greece.i am 33 years old but many years athlete.i read at the programs you suggest about the heart rates we must have on mind when we work aerobic-anaerobic zones.i think that the heart rates zones must be diffrent for the level of fitness for anyone.i mean that ok..i am 33 but when i run for example i keeping a tempo at 155-170 h-r without problem for a long.i have a friend who is athlete at bicycle.he keep a tempo at 160-180 and he can hit 200 h-r.i mean with this that maybe the 70% or the 80% is diffrent for some very fit people.if i am going for running and try to have 149-161{thats my 70-80%} i think that my heart will stop for coffee..

Post subject: Re: greece
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

You are absolutely correct. Heart Rates will vary from person-to-person and definitely different. Heart Rates are also SPORT SPECIFIC. Meaning your max heart rate while rowing will be different than your max heart rate while running or racing. Check out this weeks article on Heart Rate Training for more details. it will be posted in two days (8/21/08). Please let me know if the article does not answer your questions. Thanks!

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 am 

Heart rate zones are also specific to your fitness level...your zones should change as your fitness changes over the season. Some zones will shift up or down, some zones become wider and some get narrower. This is why it is important to re test for accurate and current training heart rate zones at least at the end of each training period.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:43 am 

One more thing....heart rate zones that are calculated on a Max Heart Rate are different from heart rate zones based on Lactate Threshold Heart Rate. In my opinion, heart rate zones based on the latter are more accurate since doing a test that determines Lactate Threshold is testing the breakpoint of where your body cannot get rid of lactate faster than it is accumulating which signals the point where your body cannot supply all the energy demands aerobically. Since you are using heart rate zones to estimate where you are aerobically generating energy and where you are not this method of calculating heart rate is more indicative of your aerobic training goals.

Max Heart rate has very little to do with Lactate Threshold Heart Rate and will not change much if at all with changes in fitness. This means heart rate zones based on one Max Heart Rate number will not change over the course of a season when your fitness changes. Since Lactate Threshold changes with fitness and in fact is a major goal of aerobic training (raising your lactate threshold is a goal) your heart rate zones can change and thus ensure that you are continually working on the correct part of your fitness as your body changes in response to training.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:21 pm 

thanks both.it is a little complicated..finally i start the program you had on the site seiji{off season-pre season-in season}.i found it easy.not something special but i know how it goes..anyway i want to ask you something about the off season strength train.[1]you said that it is ok for 3-5 days in the week.i wonder if the 5 is mutch.i supposed that i must do it to the max power.is the 18-22 hours enought for the rest of the big muscles groups??maybe if i add a couple of exersices more i can do it 3 times?one day train on day rest??[2]in the weight-train days can i go to the truck for a little practice without mutch effort?{3]in the end of train you said 20-40min cardio activity.can i do the c-a later?i mean if i do the weight train in the morning can i do the cardio at the afternoon?{4}if i can do it at the afternoon can i switch it with a nice 40min moto?
thanks for your time.i realy appreciate your help.it is the only site i can find something value for motocross.thanks seiji-tim.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:14 am 

I don't think that is my program. I never posted an actual program on Racer X VT. I usually write articles on how somoene can create their own program vs. just putting a program up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:07 pm 

ok.sorry for the miss understanding.i just saw that the programm was made from "tim crytser" and i thought that you work as a team at the "racerxvt".anyway thanks